Blast Rated Buildings
The following items need to be considered in designing a blast rated building;
- PSI rating of the blast
- Blast duration in milliseconds
- Overpressure and reflective pressure
- The degree of response, individuals inside of the building are protected.
- Low Response: Minor repairs from damage and building can be used again
- Medium Response; significant repairs from widespread building damage High response; replace entire building due to loss of structural integrity from damage. The building does not collapse.