Panelmatic Building Solutions (PBS) is looking for an experienced Project Manager in Brookfield, OH as part of recent business expansion in Northeast Ohio. PBS manufacturers in the modular building, electrical enclosure and utility markets. PBS offers a benefits package including medical, dental/optical fund, 401k, employee stock bonus, bonus, paid holidays, and personal time off.
Manage building/control panel projects as assigned, from assignment through final sign off for shipping, project documentation finalization, closure, and filing. Act as liaison between customer and company design, engineering, manufacturing, quality, purchasing and shipping departments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned):
1. Manage multiple projects from pre-booking to customer final acceptance.
2. Prioritize and direct project activities during the project lifecycle to include planning, scheduling, change management, design, procurement, manufacturing, integration, testing, shipping, and subsequent handoff to customer.
3. Manage and maintain overall responsibility for all details of each assigned project.
4. Ensure assigned projects to meet contractual objectives by effectively managing the project schedule, cost, and scope.
5. Act as the primary contact between the customer and the organization in order to maintain existing customer relationships and drive customer satisfaction while meeting business objectives.
6. Provide consultation on proposal development as required.
7. Participate in the internal kick-off meeting from sales/estimating to the organization.
8. Initiate and lead the customer kick-off meeting.
9. Communicate specification requirements to the team to ensure each member is aware of his/her obligations.
10. Develop project schedule and allocate project resources based on initial commitments.
11. Actively develop and manage the project schedule with input from various departments to ensure alignment with both internal and external commitments.
12. Conduct project-specific meetings with both in-house personnel and the customer, as needed.
13. Follow document management processes for project documentation to ensure compliance with business, contractual, and document retention requirements/laws.
14. Manage the scope and deliverables from vendors and subcontractors.
15. Validate project terms, conditions and commercial viability using quote and standard business practices as the baseline.
16. Participate and present project status at production meetings, as required.
17. Process customer single-line, schematic and/or loop drawings.
18. Establish and purchase Bill of Material to be furnished by PBS.
19. Establish the type of fabrication drawings required and once a CAD operator has been assigned to the project, communicate directly with the operator all necessary requirements and information pertaining to the job
20. Establish the type of assembly, wiring, conduit, and/or tubing drawings required and communicate with the CAD operator all necessary requirements and information pertaining to the project.
21. Ensure proper updating and reporting of project schedule status to the customer.
22. Prepare or oversee the preparation of contractual invoicing, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments for major buys to material suppliers and subcontractors.
23. Obtain formal acceptance from the Customer for all contractual deliverables.
24. Authorize and approve all project shipments.
25. Ensure completion of project closeout activities.
26. Is accountable for the commercial success, customer satisfaction and delivery of assigned project.
A. Equipment Used: Strong computer skills and skilled in the use of project scheduling software (MS Project, Database). Ability to use AutoCAD and or Inventor a plus.
B. Certificates, licenses, and registrations: Member of a professional body and project management certification preferred but not required.
C. Knowledge/Skills: Ability to read and interrupt electrical schematics and single-line drawings a must. Experience with project management functions such as purchasing, commercial/sales, engineering management, etc. Knowledge of sheet and structural steel fabrication a plus.
D. Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or another related field from an accredited institution preferred. Associate degree from an accredited institution and/or equivalent work experience shall be considered. Preferably three (3) years of project management experience, in the construction, manufacturing, oil & gas and/or power distribution industry, or similarly complex projects.
E. Language Skills: Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to be flexible to adjust to changing project conditions. Able to effectively communicate information to coworkers, and customers.
F. Personality/Skills: Detail oriented and results driven. Demonstrated ability to make good decisions based on limited information. Demonstrated ability to negotiate with and influence customers, subcontractors and other key stakeholders. Strong focus on customer satisfaction. Strong experience to deliver technical solutions to customers.
1. The employee typically performs duties in a normal office environment. There may be some work in a manufacturing environment and exposure to the elements of our factory. Additionally, there may be some work performed in the field with exposure to construction sites or active customer facilities.
2. This position is expected to travel approximately 5-10% of the time and must be able to travel with short notice and/or for extended periods of time.
Why Work Here?
Work for a well established employee-owned company, with lots of new opportunities as we grow!
Panelmatic, Inc. was founded in 1957 in Youngstown, OH to serve manufacturing industries with the design and build of custom electrical, instrument, and pneumatic control panels. The business grew sufficiently over the years to support expansion to other geographic areas including Cincinnati, OH (1966), Houston, TX (1985), New Castle, DE (1996) St. Louis, MO (2007), Greenville, SC (2012), Brookfield, OH (2019). Since our beginning, we have produced control packages for many of America's top corporations in the chemical, environmental, food, pulp and paper, rubber, petroleum, pharmaceutical, glass, metals, and utilities industries. We also deliver equipment for use worldwide. Our rigorous methodology assures compliance with domestic and international standards. We are able to meet the needs of our diverse clientele from start to finish through sales, design, fabrication, testing, and delivery. In 1990 the majority interest of the company was purchased by an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We employees are also owner/stakeholders with dedication and commitment to the long term success of the company.