Panelmatic Building Solutions (PBS) is looking for experienced Drafter/Designers in Brookfield, OH as part of recent business expansion in Northeast Ohio. PBS manufacturers in the modular building, electrical enclosure and utility markets. PBS offers a benefits package including medical, dental/optical fund, 401k, employee stock bonus, bonus, paid holidays, and personal time off.
Produce drawing packages using AutoCAD or Inventor to design custom electrical buildings and enclosures. Generate new drawings and revise existing drawings using the most cost-effective methods available. You will work closely with the engineering team and will take direction from project managers to generate drawings using AutoCAD or Inventor software.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned):
1. Analyze engineering sketches, specification, and related data and drawings to determine design and factors such as size, shape, and arrangement of parts.
2. Use computer-aided design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
3. Prepare system and building layout along with detailed drawings and schematics.
4. Prepare building structural designs from layout and customer specifications.
5. Confers with other engineering personnel and prepares design modifications as required.
6. Consistently generate drawing packages at or under quoted hours for the project.
7. Will be involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation and/or repair of electrical/mechanical products as needed.
8. Estimates material usage and additionally creates a bill of materials for design products.
9. Follows and contributes to processes designed for consistent engineering.
A. Equipment Used: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Manufacturing software; AutoCAD software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Knowledge of Inventor a definite plus.
B. Certificates, licenses, and registrations: Any Autodesk AutoCAD or Inventor certification a plus but not required.
C. Knowledge/Skills: Knowledge and understanding of various codes and standards such as NEC, UL, CSA, and NFPA. Synthesize complex or diverse information; Collect and research data. Generate creative solutions; Use feedback to modify designs; Apply design principles; Demonstrate attention to detail.
D. Education/Experience: 2- or 4-year Drafting or Design, Manufacturing, Engineering or similar degree. Knowledge of electrical systems and code requirements a must. Fabrication equipment operation and CNC programming experience a definite plus, along with sheet metal or structural steel design. Equivalent experience will also be considered.
E. Language Skills: Able to read and comprehend simple or somewhat complex instructions. Able to write notes or simple correspondence. Able to effectively communicate information to coworkers.
Why Work Here?
Work for a well established employee-owned company, with lots of new opportunities as we grow!
Panelmatic, Inc. was founded in 1957 in Youngstown, OH to serve manufacturing industries with the design and build of custom electrical, instrument, and pneumatic control panels. The business grew sufficiently over the years to support expansion to other geographic areas including Cincinnati, OH (1966), Houston, TX (1985), New Castle, DE (1996) St. Louis, MO (2007), Greenville, SC (2012), Brookfield, OH (2019). Since our beginning, we have produced control packages for many of America's top corporations in the chemical, environmental, food, pulp and paper, rubber, petroleum, pharmaceutical, glass, metals, and utilities industries. We also deliver equipment for use worldwide. Our rigorous methodology assures compliance with domestic and international standards. We are able to meet the needs of our diverse clientele from start to finish through sales, design, fabrication, testing, and delivery. In 1990 the majority interest of the company was purchased by an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We employees are also owner/stakeholders with dedication and commitment to the long term success of the company.