Assembly and Wiring
Panelmatic Building Solutions (PBS) is looking for experienced wiring and assembly technicians in Brookfield, OH as part of recent business expansion in Northeast Ohio. PBS manufacturers in the modular building, electrical enclosure and utility markets. PBS offers a benefits package including medical, dental/optical fund, 401k, employee stock bonus, bonus, paid holidays, and personal time off.
Perform electrical installation of building systems and equipment while meeting or beating quoted hours. Wireman will meet or exceed customer expectations for quality and delivery. You will work either individually, or as part of a small team to produce integrated metal buildings and enclosures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned):
1. Demonstrate safe and proper work habits, and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during the operation of this job.
2. Reference shop prints to determine where each piece of equipment is to be installed and meet the requirements on National Electrical Code.
3. Installs wire ways, conduits and cable trays, and ground electrical equipment to adhere to customer specification and/or NEC code.
4. Properly install gear, SWGR, VFDs, ATS, DCS systems, transformers, DC chargers, PLC cabinets, etc. per engineered drawings.
5. Ability to bend conduit, and work with both EMT and RMC.
6. Perform electrical wiring, anchoring, tie-wrapping, routing, flagging, wire tagging, crimping & wire/cable stripping.
7. Assemble and install electrical components such as sub-panels, according to engineered drawings.
8. Connects electrical wiring between components according to the wiring prints, schematics, and single-line drawings using electrician’s hand tools such as screwdrivers, strippers, crimpers, etc.
9. Crimps appropriate size and type of lugs to wire ends by using a hand crimping device.
10. Installs electrical wiring, lugs, and assembles/installs components such as switches, lights, air conditioners, bundle holders, clips and other apparatus in a frame, panel or other structural support according to design specifications.
11. Lays out, routes, and ties wire to panels by using wiring bundles, bundle holders, duct, and wire way and other protectors with hand tools.
12. Measures and cuts wire to accurate length by routing tape measure over wiring path and adding additional length for future connections.
13. Positions, aligns, and adjusts wires and electrical parts to facilitate wiring and assembly of the product.
14. Attach wire and device labels as shown on prints.
15. Levels and plumbs components and conduit by using tape measures and torpedo levels to ensure functionality and appearance.
16. Drills, taps, reams, countersinks, and spot-faces bolt holes in parts, using drill presses and portable power drills.
17. Knowledge of and ability to use basic tools (tape measure squares, clamps, fillet gauge, angle finder, etc.).
18. Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers.
19. Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
20. Notify the lead person or Inspector when product is ready for inspection.
21. Maintains a clean work area each day and returns tools to their proper locations.
A. Equipment Used: Hydraulic conduit knockout, conduit threader, manual and power conduit benders, strippers, crimpers, drills, screwdrivers, tape measure, and other hand tools.
B. Certificates, licenses, and registrations: Ability to obtain and maintain a fork truck license if required.
C. Knowledge/Skills: Able to read a tape measure and electrical point-to-point prints. Electrician training or certification a plus. Must be trained in applicable QAPs (Quality Assurance Procedures) and work instructions, if any.
D. Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalency (GED) preferred, but not required.
E. Language Skills: Able to read and comprehend simple or somewhat complex instructions. Able to write notes or simple correspondence. Able to effectively communicate information to coworkers.
Why Work Here?
Work for a well established employee-owned company, with lots of new opportunities as we grow!
Panelmatic, Inc. was founded in 1957 in Youngstown, OH to serve manufacturing industries with the design and build of custom electrical, instrument, and pneumatic control panels. The business grew sufficiently over the years to support expansion to other geographic areas including Cincinnati, OH (1966), Houston, TX (1985), New Castle, DE (1996) St. Louis, MO (2007), Greenville, SC (2012), Brookfield, OH (2019). Since our beginning, we have produced control packages for many of America's top corporations in the chemical, environmental, food, pulp and paper, rubber, petroleum, pharmaceutical, glass, metals, and utilities industries. We also deliver equipment for use worldwide. Our rigorous methodology assures compliance with domestic and international standards. We are able to meet the needs of our diverse clientele from start to finish through sales, design, fabrication, testing, and delivery. In 1990 the majority interest of the company was purchased by an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We employees are also owner/stakeholders with dedication and commitment to the long term success of the company.